Materials for Teaching Workshop on Supporting Peer Response Across the Semester
Opening questions to tackle our prior knowledge:
- What are your reasons for using peer response? What is/are the purpose(s) of peer response in your composition class?
- What strategies for peer response have you tried before?
Goals for today:
- Working on making our *purposes* for peer response match our *practices* for peer response.
- Working on setting the groundwork for effective peer response through attention to conditions for learning.
- Working on scaffolding peer response work throughout the semester to give students more practice and responsibility over time.
- Cambourne’s conditions of learning diagram
- Handout on a) scaffolding with attention to conditions of learning and b) sketching plans for peer response
- Example of peer response directions for discussion
- Example of strengths-based peer response activity
- Links to WSU Teaching Blog posts on peer response